Are you passionate about fair trade, have excellent customer service skills and enjoy working with volunteers? Then we have the position for you!
Apply for our Assistant Manager Position with a cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] or in person at 829 Rosser Avenue. Include information about why you love fair trade and what your favourite fair trade item is!
Starting wage is $15.50 an hour, 24 hours per week, with pro-rated holiday and sick time benefits. Must be available Saturdays, some flexibility will be given on weekday hours for the right candidate.
Closing date is August 23rdat 4pm. We thank all that do apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Assistant Manager Job Description
- Order all food products, manage inventory levels, check expiry dates and mark down or remove inventory
- Create food purchase orders
- Print price tags
- Write products descriptions for new food items for the webstore
- Assist with taking photos for the webstore
- Assist with organizing and packing webstore orders as assigned by the manager
- Create purchase orders for craft items as assigned by the manager
- Assist with preparations for offsite sales
- Operate smaller offsite sales in partnership with volunteers and the manager
- Assist with organizing all in store events (teas, customer appreciation day, world fair trade day, etc)
- Record daily sales records
- Pay all invoices and complete assigned bookkeeping
- Ensure that the store is clean and tidy
- Problem solve any technical issues and liaise with Lightspeed as needed
- Order all store packaging supplies and monitor levels
- Create visually pleasing displays
- Assist customers and share stories of our artisan partners and fair trade
- Receive orders, affix price tags to products and put them away
- Develop presentations for community groups, faith groups and school and present them as requested
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by the manager